3 Ways to Use Content to Improve Lead Nurturing Results
By David Smith
Follow-up is critical after attracting potential customers. If you don’t keep in touch and build a relationship, the time, money, and effort you spent finding those contacts will be wasted.
Effective follow-up utilizes automation (think email system workflows) and includes informing and educating your contacts with relevant, personalized content and logical, frictionless calls to action.
Lead nurturing allows you to assess the prospect’s buying stage and tune their engagement with your firm so they receive maximum value.
The fortune is in the follow-up.
Here are three (3) ways to use content for follow-up and nurture.
Top of Mind
Give your contacts the opportunity to know, like, and trust you.
Enterprise IT buyers have already researched, set their requirements, and selected preferred vendors before initiating contact with a vendor or supplier.
Being the top-of-mind vendor for the problem the buyer is interested in solving is critical if you want your firm to be the
How do you stay top of
- Publish informative, educational, and thought leadership content on your website and social media accounts.
- Send contacts your newsletter with relevant products, customer stories, community, and cultural content.
- Keep contacts informed of events, updates, customer success, and other relevant news with email touchpoints.
Help Them Move Along the
To do this, you must know their current buying journey stage and what content they need to get to the next
- Solution-oriented content helps align and assure the contact that your product or service is their
- How To-oriented content signals a vision of how they will get to the solution. Business case development, budget tools, project planning, staffing, and evaluation content are examples of content that
signalsintent beyond awareness.
Encouraging engagement with offers that
For instance, if someone attends a lengthy webinar or half-day workshop about how to start using a solution
Time investment is an excellent indicator of moving from the Consideration to the Decision stage of the
Marketing teams can develop and repurpose this in-depth content in numerous ways.
Lead nurturing (follow-up) is a marketing practice that
Want to learn more about tech consulting firm lead generation? Check out this new eBook and improve your lead generation results.
Want better content?
Our initial consultation won’t cost you a dime but will earn you many dollars in return.
About Valens Point
We help early-stage tech companies accelerate growth by building brand credibility, establishing repeatable lead generation, and supporting sales and partner teams. The result — effective marketing up and running in a fraction of the time it would take to recruit, hire, and train an internal marketing team.